Sunday, November 29, 2009

Catching Up

It seems like I have such good intentions about keeping current with this blog, but time always gets away from me! How is it the end of November already?

I was home for much of last week -- Yea for Thanksgiving! Thor had been up in Eau Claire since last Friday, when I was home for GW. That was super fun, too, but I'm thinking it might be awhile before any of us play President again...

We had a short week of school, so I was able to head home Wednesday afternoon. I spent a nice, relaxing evening with Jan, then was up relatively early on Thursday to start getting ready for my favorite holiday! I got an apple pie ready, then headed to Osseo to pick up the relatives. It was a small gathering (just me, my mom, aunt, great-aunt and a lady whose like a relative but not by blood), but we had a great meal and good times. The pumpkin pie (brought by one of the Osseo ladies) was FANTASTIC! I was jealous -- her crust was way flakier than mine, but she was nice enough to share her secret: put 2 tsp. of powdered sugar in with the flour! I am ready to give it a whirl.

In the late afternoon, I took the ladies back to Osseo, then when I got back home my mom and I met Laurie, Lynn, and families at the mall to go see "The Blind Side." You need to see this movie! It was so awesome -- even if you aren't a big football fan, you will still love it! We had 12 people in our group, and took up a whole row in the theater!

Friday I was up at the butt-crack of dawn to go shopping with Jen. There were lots more people out than last year, and I bought more stuff for myself than Xmas presents... Ah, well. I've actually done a good job of getting stuff throughout the year this year, anyway. And Jen and I got our totally cute matching outfits for the Olympics. And, she found the most excellent top for NYE in Vegas... I found one last week, but hers looks better, I think...

I came back home yesterday night in the hopes that I would get lots done around here before heading back to school on Monday. It was a fantastic idea, until my mom called me at 11:15 to let me know that I'd forgotten to bring home all the lefse-making stuff that I need for this Wednesday. UGH! So, we met in BRF at 1:00. I swear, if it's not on a piece of paper, it just doesn't happen!

I have two nights of concessions this week, so it will be a busy one. I also have to work at the local craft fair on Saturday doing the concessions for the junior class. Lots of popcorn making this week!!!

No comments: