Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And the winner was...

We had our first msvb game last night. We went to Wauzeka, and, after 9 years, I finally made it to the school there! The sb field is nowhere near it, so even though I've been coming to Wauzeka forever, I had no idea where the school actually was! Amazingly, it's right across the street from the gas station we always stop at... apparently I'm not good with details.
It was a long ride there, too. We went with the high school, since Wauzeka is big enough to have two gyms. The bus was CROWDED! I had 17 players, 3 managers, and 2 coaches. High school had 15 players, 2 managers, and 2 coaches. Luckily, I have some really tiny girls who do fine three to a seat. :)
Anyhoo, I didn't have very high hopes for the teams last night. We'd only had two practices, so I wasn't real sure how an actual game would go. But, the 6th and 7th grade won all three of their games! I was so excited for them. They are still a lot of fun at that age -- I wouldn't want to teach them all day, but vb is great. The 8th grade games were not nearly as good. They lost all three. Apparently, the girls who were my strongest servers last year can no longer get the ball across the net, or if they do, it goes out of bounds. Grrrr! I ended up playing the 7th graders to
serve. Good thing we have more practices before our next game!
Oh, wait! I forgot where I was. No practice today, and our first home game tomorrow. Then, a practice on Friday and a tournament on Saturday. Ah, well. At least it's only middle school and no real pressure.
School is going pretty ok, too. Today my local history class went out and took pictures of Main Street that we have photos from 1909 and 1950. If you turn today's photo black and white, it's nearly the same. Weird!

No comments: