Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Afternoon

Well, I survived the first full week. It helped that the seniors were gone today, and my afternoon had two classes finishing movies. Now I have my prep period, and aren't I being productive? :)

Both vb teams won against Kickapoo last night -- even with three girls missing. Two were out with flu-like symptoms (lots of that going around), and one girl had been stung by a bee in the afternoon. Not usually a big deal, but her hand swelled up to about 3x its normal size, and was red and hot. She was sure, however, that she could still play. Ummmmm..... No.

Each team won all three games, so that was pretty exciting. We actually have practice today, all by ourselves. It's been awhile since that's happened. Last time we had to share with the JV, and that just makes it hard to accomplish much.

Have a great weekend! I'm headed to BRF on Sunday -- my mom's cousin Mary is visiting from the west coast. I'm going to hit her up for a place to stay when Jen & I go to the Olympics. We have a place in Victoria, but we'd like to spend a few days in Seattle, too.

No comments: