Saturday, September 5, 2009

One week down, and a free weekend!

The first week of school went pretty well, I think. I like most of my classes, and I have 17 girls out for MSVB! I'm teaching History vs. Hollywood this semester (I usually have it in the spring), and the kids picked out some movies I haven't seen yet, and ones I haven't watched for awhile. One kid did pick "Dances With Wolves," though. YUCK! He's one of my special ed kids, though, so I couldn't come up with a good reason to tell him no. Grrr.

Local History should be fun -- I have seven kids in there who actually seem interested in what we're planning to do! I have a couple of people organizing some old photos of LF for us to use. We looked at two on Friday and they really got into trying to figure out what was in each one.

I am glad it's the weekend, though. It was a long four days, getting up early every morning! It takes awhile to get back in the groove. Luckily, this next week is only four days, also. Hooray for Labor Day! And, to make it even better, I don't have any real plans! I've pretty much lazed today away, but I've loved every minute! I'm busy lots of weekends coming up, so I plan on taking advantage of this one.

No comments: