Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Eve in Vegas


It was hard to pack for Vegas in the winter. I'd only ever gone between April and August. How do you pack for mid-50s for a week, plus cooler at night, while also packing to be in EC for a week? So, I just packed EVERYTHING! I figured I could narrow it down once I got to my mom's. And I did, but I still had a full suitcase! Good thing I didn't need many souveniers!

My week over Christmas was good, even if the weather was bad! I made it to EC on Wednesday before the bad weather hit. I had lots of quality time with Jan, and got to spend time with family and friends, too. Then, we left for Vegas on Tuesday. It was awesome to leave the cold and land in the (somewhat) warm! At least, warm to us Wisconsinites! We had long sleeves during the day, but some people were wearing heavy coats, hats and scarves! We laughed at many of them.



Mik and I on the plane! You can barely tell she's freaking out...


We spent Tuesday night hanging out downtown. We saw a comedy show (not too bad, except for the really drunk guy in the audience). The comedian billed himself as a bit of a psychic -- and he was! How else did he know "along the first base line of a softball field?"








































































No comments: